Colony Legal Code
A) Any of the following rules may be broken at your own peril; if you do so, it is on you to avoid being caught! I will generally refuse to intervene in anyone’s revenge/rage/griefing disputes. I prefer players to figure stuff out among themselves.
With that said …
1) No swearing, cursing, or foul talk. NO crudity!
1.a) Keep adult talk to yourselves; do not write it, or keep it in PM.
1.b) NO spamming.
1.c) If you go dating, keep it in PM -- don’t broadcast that stuff to the world.
1.d) Political speech is fine.
2) Griefing of unprotected houses and PvP are permitted (because really, I do not have time to comprehensively prevent this anyway). To prevent griefing, protect your stuff! If you don’t like PvP, you have a few options not limited to use of a sword. If you REALLY don’t like PvP, you should probably consider a different server.
3) Do *NOT* build over other players without permission. Do not build bridges through the sky. Floating structures, sky builds, and 1x1 towers will be removed (or moved to ground-level) *without notice* if discovered. Violations of this rule are one of the few things I will take care of if someone complains to me about it (if the offending structure happens to be protected and therefore requires intervention).
4) Do not ask for priviliges or free stuff. Do not ask to be a moderator or an admin. This is a PvP survival server. Everyone must get their own stuff.
5) Minor cheaters who have modified their local client will be punished in subtle, creative ways. If I catch a cheater I will not call them out right away. Punishment will be dealt unexpectedly and may involve an ambush of very angry Dungeon Masters. Client-side modifications include the use of CSM.
6) Persistient cheaters will be exiled from the Surface Colony to a distance of not less than 1 kilometer. (Use your CSM hacks elsewhere!)
6.a) No one will be exiled (or banned) based on hearsay, gossip, innuendo, or faked screenshots.
6.b) The admin will confirm all reports of arcane sorcery (i.e., CSM) personally or by reading the server logs.
6.c) I will not intervene in conflicts between cheaters, except to exile the cheaters if I catch them.
6.d) Note that I do not consider use of CSM serious enough to warrant a full ban.
7) Hackers will be outright banned if abuse of the server is detected. Abuse is defined as DDOS attempts, SSH access attempts, port scanning, or any other of that sort of stuff.
8) No doxxing, and NEVER threaten to dox someone if they don’t agree with your politics. We aren’t CNN.
9) Players retain ownership rights to whatever they build on this server provided they protect it.
9.a) I reserve the right to collect and post screenshots, and host players’ builds.
9.b) Obviously I must reserve the right to discriminate against offensive or prohibited structures.
9.c) This Minetest server and the world hosted by it will never be used for any commercial purpose.
10) The admin’s name is MustTest. These rules can also be seen posted (in an older and briefer form) on the Obsidian Obelisk in Central Square and 4 other locations.
11) The Eleventh Rule: Discretion is the highest form of Law.